Please read the following terms and conditions carefully that relate to your access and use of this Newcastle Building Society (the "Society") website. By accessing any part of this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept any of these terms and conditions then stop accessing this website and do not use any online services.
Newcastle Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. We are permitted to advise on, arrange, enter into and administer mortgages and permitted to advise on, arrange and administer general insurance.
Newcastle Building Society introduces to Newcastle Financial Services (NFSL). Newcastle Financial Services is a trade name of Newcastle Financial Services Limited which is an appointed representative of Openwork Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
- Insurance - Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit.
- Mortgage - Mortgage advising and arranging is covered up to a maximum limit of £50,000.
- Deposit / Savings Accounts - The limit of compensation payments under the Scheme is 100% of the first £85,000 of an investor’s total shares and/or deposits in the Society. Most investors are protected including individuals and small firms, but there are some exceptions, such as larger companies, government bodies, large partnerships, large mutual organisations and local authorities. View further details.
The Newcastle Building Society wants to avoid disruption to its business caused by speculators. As a result all new customers opening share accounts are required to agree to assign any windfall benefits to which they might become entitled on a future conversion or take-over of the Society. The assignment will be in favour of the Community Foundation, one of the leading community foundations in the UK. The agreement will be for a period of 5 years. View the full terms of the agreement.
Terms and Conditions of website Use
- The Society controls and maintains this website from England and the material and information contained in this website is directed solely at people who are resident or ordinarily resident in the UK. The products and services described on this website are only available to UK mainland residents. The material and information on the website may not satisfy the laws or regulations of any other jurisdiction and it is your responsibility to observe these restrictions. The material or information should not be distributed or accessed by any person in any such jurisdiction. You accept that your use of this website and any material or information on the website is subject to English law and if any dispute arises from your use of this website or material or information contained on it that such dispute will be heard in the English courts.
- The information and material on this website should not be regarded as an offer, solicitation, invitation, advice or recommendation to buy or sell investments, securities or any other financial services or banking product of the Society or any other issuer. All products and services described on this website are subject to availability. If you are unsure about whether a product is suitable you should contact an independent financial adviser.
- We have the right to suspend access to this website at any time without notice for any reason and we have the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or the content of this website at any time and you should therefore revisit these Terms and Conditions regularly.
- All of the contents that may be available on this website including but not limited to all text, graphics, links, marks, logos, trade marks and sounds are the intellectual property of the Society or its licensors and protected by intellectual property laws and may not be used, copied, downloaded, distributed or published in any way without the Society's prior written consent.
- We may monitor and record your telephone calls with the Society in the interests of security and to assist with staff training.
- You agree not to access, use or post information via this website in any way that: is defamatory, obscene, abusive, indecent or menacing or which infringes any intellectual property rights or breaches obligations of confidence which are otherwise illegal or unlawful introduce a virus or other disruptive program is not authorised by the Society or is in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The material and information provided on this website is for general information only. Although we have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the content of our website is accurate, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon without consulting primary or more accurate or up to date sources of information.
- Due to the inherent nature of the Internet, the Society cannot guarantee access to this website. You accept that the sending and receiving of emails over the Internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered or not delivered at all.
- This website contains links to other third party sites that are not maintained by the Society. The inclusion of such links on this site does not imply any endorsement of the content of such sites. The Society accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of such sites.
- In no event will the Society be liable to the fullest extent permitted by law or regulation for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly including any consequential loss or damage from your use of or access to this website, howsoever arising.
Newcastle Building Society registered office:
New Bridge Street
Newcastle upon Tyne
We are committed to providing a full range of products and services for all our customers, including those with a visual impairment. With this in mind we are able to provide information about the above products in large print or in audio CD format.
If you would like more details, or would like to register to receive correspondence in an alternative format please contact us on 0345 734 4345.
Handling Customer Complaints
Unfortunately, mistakes are occasionally made by us and when this happens, we want to hear about it so we can explain things and put them right. A leaflet entitled Customer Complaints provides full details of our complaints procedure and is available by contacting us on 0345 734 4345.
Newcastle Building Society is covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Shares And Deposits In This Society Are Trustee Investments.