Comprehensive, flexible landlord cover
Enjoy peace of mind when you take out landlord insurance on your rental properties. Our comprehensive 4 star Defaqto rated Landlords' Insurance cover is provided and underwritten by Legal & General a well recognised and trusted brand with over 90 years experience of insuring homes.
Would you like a quote for landlord insurance? Let us introduce you to our providers Legal & General, call
0800 027 5353 and quote NEWCASTLE to get your landlord insurance quote today.
Our comprehensive policy provides buildings and contents cover with the option to add accidental damage or malicious damage by tenants and legal expenses and rent guarantee cover, to help ensure protection for your investment.
Choose the level of cover that's right for you. Our comprehensive buildings insurance covers you for:
- Cover for rebuilding costs up to £800,000
- Insurance against damage from fire, flood, leakage of oil or falling trees
- Property owner's liability to third parties - up to £2 million
- Accidental breakage to fixed items such as glass and bathroom suites
- Cover for loss of rent or alternative accomodation for your tenant, up to £40,000
- Home Emergency cover - up to £500 towards emergency call outs and repairs
- Costs of tracing and accessing leaks - up to £5,000
Do you need to insure more than one rental property?
Customers with more than one rental property can benefit from covering multiple properties under one easy to manage policy.
- A single premium
- One common renewal date
- A single set of policy documents making the administration of your policy easier to manage
- Automatic multiple property discounts based on portfolio size (maximum of 10 new properties)
Add on contents cover or increase your protection with optional accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants cover and/or legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters cover.
Our Landlords contents insurance covers you for:
- Household goods, furniture, curtains or rugs
- Contents in outbuildings, gardens and communal areas
- Loss of metered water up to £1,000, included as standard
- Replacement locks and keys for external doors if keys are stolen, up to £750
Legal expenses and rent guarantee cover:
- Legal expenses cover provides up to £50,000 cover for legal costs or fees if your tenant breaches their tenancy agreement
- Rent guarantee provides cover for unpaid rent for up to 12 months
- Squatters cover - negotiation for your legal rights to evict anyone who is not your tenant and does not have permission to be there
Optional accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants cover:
- Extended accidental damage cover on buildings - for accidental damage, such as banging a nail through a pipe or putting your foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft
- Accidental damage cover on contents - cover for accidental damage, such as spilling curry on the sofa
- Includes deliberate damage by tenants to buildings or contents
Cover is not available for homes let to housing associations, local authorities, asylum seekers, refugees or for properties in Northern Ireland.
Limitations and exclusions apply. For more details of what is and is not covered, please read the: Landlords Insurance policy summary. For full details please read our Landlords Insurance policy booklet. There is also an excess on each claim.