Your rental property can be a great asset, but if you're unprepared or just plain unlucky, it can fast become a burden. Thankfully our comprehensive 4 star Defaqto rated Landlords' Insurance cover provided by Legal & General can help protect your property. For added protection you can choose to add contents and legal expenses and rent guarantee cover.
Cover is not available for homes let to housing associations, local authorities, asylum seekers, refugees or students, holiday homes or properties let in Northern Ireland.
You can cover multiple properties under one easy-to-manage policy. You'll benefit from:
- A single premium
- One common renewal date
- A single set of policy documents making the admin of your policy easier to manage
- A single point of contact
- Automatic discounts based on portfolio size
Our comprehensive buildings insurance covers you for:
- Cover for rebuilding costs up to £800,000 as standard. An option to choose your sum insured is also available.
- Insurance against damage from fire, flood, leaking oil or fallen trees.
- Property owner's liability to third parties - up to £2 million
- Accidental breakage to fixed items such as your hob and bathroom suite.
- Cover for loss of rent or alternative accommodation, up to £40,000 each.
- Home Emergency cover - up to £150 towards emergency call outs and repairs
- Trace and access costs - up to £5,000.
Optional additional cover
Our comprehensive contents insurance covers you for:
- Household goods, furniture, curtains or rugs.
- Contents in outbuildings, gardens and communal areas.
- Loss of metered water up to £1,000, included as standard.
- Replacement locks and keys for external doors if keys are stolen, up to £750
Legal expenses and rent guarantee cover:
- Legal expenses cover provides up to £50,000 cover for legal costs or fees if your tenant breaches their tenancy agreement.
- Our rent guarantee protects you from unpaid rent for up to 12 months.
- Squatters cover - negotiation for your legal rights to evict anyone who is not your tenant and does not have permission to be there.
Optional accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants cover:
- Extended accidental damage cover on buildings - for accidental damage, such as banging a nail through a pipe or putting your foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft.
- Extended accidental damage cover on contents - cover for accidental damage, such as spilling curry on the sofa.
- Includes deliberate damage by tenants to buildings or contents.
As with all insurance policies, exclusions, limitations and eligibility and acceptance criteria apply. Excesses also apply to the policy:
- The first £100 of every claim except in the event of claims for accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants and escape of water where the excess is £250.
- In the event of subsidence, heave or landslip, the excess is £1,000.
This is only a summary. More details are contained in the key features and full details of the cover are in the policy document.
Call us on 0845 600 4369 to find out more about Landlords' Insurance. Call charges will vary.