You only pay a fee to Newcastle Financial Advisers Ltd if you implement their advice and take up any recommendations.
The service offered by Newcastle Financial Advisers means that they are here to support you with any questions or queries you may have, even if you don’t implement their advice. You can find out more about how the service works by reading our guide.
Newcastle Building Society introduces to Newcastle Financial Advisers Limited for advice on Investments, Pensions, Life and Protection Insurance and Inheritance Tax Planning.
As part of your first meeting any costs will be fully explained to you, and you will be able to ask any questions you may have.
- There is a £400 Understanding & Analysis fee which is offset against the Advice & Implementation fee.
- If you decide not to progress past the Understanding & Analysis stage, you will not be charged the £400 Understanding & Analysis fee.
If you choose to proceed with implementing the plan(s) Newcastle Financial Advisers present to you, there are advice fees involved.
Within your Advice & Implementation meeting, these fees will be fully explained to you before you go ahead. If you choose not to go ahead with the advice, you will not pay a fee.
If you choose a Single Premium Lump Sum;
- You will pay the greater of the £400 Understanding & Analysis fee or a fee according to the charging structure below;
- 3% of the first £100,000 invested
- Plus, 2% of the amount invested between £100,001 - £200,000
- Plus, 1% of the amount invested above £200,000
Here’s an example of how this would work if you were to invest £40,000 into a Single Premium Lump Sum:
- If you invested £40,000 the advice fee would be 3% – as it is within the first £100,000 invested.
- Which means £1,200 would immediately be deducted from your investment or paid directly to Newcastle Financial Advisers.
If you choose a Regular Premium;
- You will pay the £400 Understanding & Analysis fee
- Plus, 3% of the first 24 months' contributions to your chosen plan.
Below is an example of how this would work if you were to have a Regular Premium of £100;
- For a Regular Premium of £100 you would pay the £400 Understanding & Analysis fee
- Plus, 3% of the first 24 months' contributions to your plan – which would be £72.
- Meaning the total fee amount would be £472.
- If you choose to pay in instalments, after paying the £400 Understanding & Analysis fee, £3 would be deducted from each of the first 24 months’ plan contributions.
All advice fees are exempt from VAT and are non-refundable. Fees can be paid via cheque or deducted from the amount invested.
An essential part of financial planning is being able to react to changes in your circumstances or market changes that could affect your financial goals and objectives and may require adjustments. To help support customers with this, Newcastle Financial Advisers offers an Ongoing Service.
The Ongoing Service carries a charge of 0.7%* per annum of your total investments. To find out more about what you receive as an Ongoing Service customer, you can check out ‘What to expect’ which has more information about the range of benefits you will receive as part of the Ongoing Service.
Below is an example of the Ongoing Service Fees in practice;
- If you invested £40,000 the Ongoing Service fee is 0.7% per annum which is deducted from the value of your investments.
- You will pay £280 per annum, excluding VAT, payable on a monthly basis from the first month after you invest.
- If your fund grows, your Ongoing Service payment may also increase.
If you choose not to take the Ongoing Service, there may be some additional fees.
Ongoing Service is optional and you do not have to take this up. You can still get further financial advice from Newcastle Financial Advisers and these services are offered on a transactional service basis.
Any additional work undertaken on your behalf will be charged at an hourly rate with the exception of a Portfolio Review. If this applies you will be contacted in writing ahead of any work being undertaken and to give you an estimate of the total cost involved.
- The hourly rate for the advice service is £150+VAT/Hour
- The hourly rate for administrative services is £50+VAT/Hour
If you wish to have your portfolio reviewed you would pay the greater amount of;
- 1% + VAT of the value of your portfolio (at the time of review)
- OR, the £400 Understanding & Analysis fee.
Plan your retirement
No matter how and when you’d like to retire, financial advice is essential to establishing the right plan for your retirement.
Invest your money
If you’re looking for better returns than traditional savings deposits and have a long term goal in mind, investing could be for you.
THERE ARE RISKS INVOLVED WITH INVESTING. THE VALUE OF YOUR INVESTMENTS AND ANY INCOME FROM THEM CAN FALL AS WELL AS RISE AND YOU MAY NOT GET BACK THE AMOUNT YOU ORIGINALLY INVESTED.