We're committed to supporting customers who may be facing difficulties.
That's why we've partnered with Citizens Advice Gateshead to create Helping Hand. It's a service dedicated to our members so they can talk to an expert adviser and get support when they need it.
Citizens Advice Gateshead was named North East Charity of the Year 2022, having supported 19,000 people in the last year, with over 82,000 issues.
They provide free, confidential and impartial advice, information and guidance on a range of issues. Including: welfare benefits, housing, debt, financial wellbeing, relationships, community care, grants, and discrimination at work.
Our partnership with Citizens Advice Gateshead funds a full time advice expert and a dedicated telephone and email service for our members and colleagues. This will give them with quick and timely support and financial assistance when they need it.
- Free advice and guidance that is confidential and impartial
- Available to all of our customers and colleagues, regardless of their location
- Accessible via phone, email, or video
- Support with access to benefits, Universal Credit, budgeting, and debt management
- Help with issues, including housing and relationships
- Emergency financial support and help accessing food banks
To access Helping Hand, pop into your nearest branch if you are a branch customer.
If you have a mortgage with us call, 03457 023 083. If you opened an account with us online, call 03457 344 345.
People need independent advice and information, so we’re proud to be working alongside Newcastle Building Society to make sure their members and colleagues get the support they need during difficult times.