How does the account work?:
If you save £5,000 to £9,999 in this account and then purchase a house by taking a mortgage with the Society, we will pay you a £500 cash reward cheque on mortgage completion. If you save £10,000 or more we will pay you a £1,000 cash reward cheque on mortgage completion.
Start Saving Today:
The great thing about the Newcastle Big Home Saver account is that it can be opened with an investment of just one pound so it's easy to get started, and, what's more, for every month in which you make an investment and don't make any withdrawals, we'll pay you a bonus.
When you have saved your mortgage deposit you can choose a mortgage product from our current range available at that time. The offer of any mortgage product will be subject to meeting the terms and conditions of the product and our lending criteria. If for any reason you are unable to proceed with a mortgage a cash reward will not be paid. Please see below for full terms and conditions.
Once you've saved for your deposit our mortgage advisers will be happy to help you decide which mortgage is most suitable for you. Once you're ready to proceed please call our mortgage sales team on: 0345 734 4345.
Transfering your ISAs:
You cannot transfer other ISAs into this account.
Remember, once you've reached your tax free savings limit, you cannot put any more money into your account - even if you've withdrawn funds during the year.
Summary Box - Key Product Information for our Savings Account
||The Newcastle Big Home Saver ISA (Issue 3)
- Monthly (Variable, Including Bonus)
- 2.00% Gross/2.02% AER*
- Monthly (Variable, Excluding Bonus)
- 1.00% Gross/1.00% AER*
||Interest will be paid Gross*
|Conditions for bonus payment
||You must make at least one Deposit and make no withdrawals in each Bonus Qualifying Period.
||Penalty free and without notice.
||In branch, by post or online.
||Interest and Bonus are calculated daily and paid on Monthly Anniversary of Account opening
|Minimum Initial Investment
|Maximum Initial Investment
|Minimum Monthly Investment
|Maximum Monthly Investment
|Minimum Account Balance
|Maximum Account Balance
The Newcastle's Savings General Terms & Conditions will apply unless they are inconsistent with these Special Conditions, effective from the date of the Account opening.
- The Account is a variable rate account
- The Account can be held in a single name only.
- The minimum initial investment in the Account is £1 the maximum is £1,270. The maximum investment in one tax year is your allowance for that tax year. ISA transfers in are not permitted.
- The minimum balance permitted in the account is £1, the maximum balance permitted in the account is £30,000.
- The Account can be operated in branch, by post or online.
- After placing your Investment in the Account you may make further Deposits. There is no limit to the number of Investments you can make in any one month; however the total value must not exceed £1,270 and the maximum ISA limit for the current tax year.
- The Account is a limited issue and may be withdrawn at any time. The Society reserve the right to withdraw this product for further Investments at any time. We will not inform you when the Account becomes a closed issue or closed for further deposits.
- If you save £5,000 to £9,999.99 in this account and a mortgage is completed with the Society, we will pay you a £500 cash reward via cheque upon completion of your mortgage. If you save £10,000 or more and a mortgage is completed with the Society we will pay you a £1,000 cash reward via cheque upon completion of your mortgage.
- This savings account does not guarantee you will be approved for a mortgage with the Society. To take a mortgage with the Society you will need to meet our standard lending criteria we will carry out credit checks and may obtain references to check your financial circumstances
- When you have saved your deposit you may choose a mortgage product from our current range available at that time. The offer of any mortgage product will be subject to meeting the terms and conditions of the product. If for any reason you are unable to proceed with a mortgage a cash reward will not be paid.
- Only one cash reward is payable per mortgage taken. If two or more Newcastle Big Home Savers/ISA’s are used to provide for the deposit for a house purchase, the cash reward will be split equally between the account holders. If two Newcastle Big Home Savers/ ISA’s are used together for a mortgage deposit the cash reward will paid based on the value of both accounts together.
- You must hold the Newcastle Big Home Saver/ISA for at least 12 months in order to receive a cash reward payment on the completion of a mortgage.
- Interest and bonus are calculated daily and credited to the Account on each Monthly Anniversary.
- ‘Monthly Anniversary’ is taken from the date of Account opening. For example if the Account is opened on the 27th January, the Monthly Anniversary is the 27th of each subsequent month.
- The bonus on your Account is variable.
- The bonus on your Account will be paid as long as you make at least one Deposit and make no withdrawals in each Bonus Qualifying Period
- A Bonus Qualifying Period is classed as the time between each Monthly Anniversary (for example if your account was opened 27th January 2014, the first Bonus Qualifying Period would be 27th January 2015 to 26th February 2015, the second would be 27th February 2015 to 26th March 2015 etc). If your Monthly Anniversary does not exist in a particular month the Monthly Anniversary date will be the final day of the month. For example if you open your account on 31st January 2015, your first Bonus Qualifying Period will end on 28th February 2015.
- A ‘Deposit;’ is defined as a minimum investment of £1.
- Withdrawals are available without notice or penalty.
- If you do not make an investment or make a withdrawal during a Bonus Qualifying Period, your account will be credited with the non-bonus interest rate, currently 1.00% Gross* / 1.00% AER** (variable), in that month
- Details correct at 07/04/2015.