Nominations are now closed
Our Community Fund grant nominations are now closed.
Due to the Cost of Living Crisis, we have amended our Community Fund grants to a maximum of £5,000.
We will prioritise projects that support employability, food poverty, debt management, homelessness and the environment.
In order to make a nomination for funding, your charity must meet the following criteria:
- Groups must be nominated by at least one current customer of the Society
- Recognised community groups/initiatives within the North East or branch area for out-of-area branches
- Any funding provided must ‘make a difference’ and be the reason why the initiative would be able to start
- Project must be at a stage where it can start within 3 months
- The funding must be used for a specific project – not just a donation
- The project must align with one of our charitable themes - debt management, the environment, or working to tackle food poverty, homelessness, or employability
We cannot fund requests to support:
- Contributions to general appeals or circulars
- Religious or political activity which is not for wider public benefit
- Public bodies to carry out their statutory obligations
- Activities which solely support animal welfare
- Activities which have already taken place
- Grant making by other organisations
- Privately owned and profit-distributing companies or limited partnerships
- Commercial/profit making ventures
Please provide valid and up-to-date contact details.